I want to share with you this list of 39 things you need to know. Things I wish I knew. The new year is here and I find myself contemplating the things that I have learned in the past year. It was a hard year, it was a great year.
I spent the majority of the beginning of the year in deep grief over lost friendships. The deterioration of the friendship was like losing family, and like losing a piece of myself. It made me question so much about who I was and my worth to everyone around me.
As we go into the new year there are some soul-lessons, pieces of wisdom that I want to share with you.
I want us to take hold of and embrace in the new year. Read them. Believe them. Print them out or write them down. Let them sink in so that you know them as truth.1. You are beautiful. I don’t just mean physically, I mean inside of you. That light that you have inside of you that is unique… Just the fact that you are here, that you are reading this, means that there is a spark inside of you. A spark of love, of magic, and magnificence. That can’t be hidden, it shines out of you.
2. You mean something to somebody. There might be times when you feel like you’re alone, or when you feel like all you do is screw up, but that’s not the sum of who you are. Someone out there loves you. Really, really, loves you. Know how loved you truly are.
3. If you believe in yourself, miracles will happen. I am living proof of this right now. You can dooooooo eeeeet baby!
4. Find a way to be artistic. This is soul-medicine and lets you speak without words. And if your art IS your words, well that’s cool too.
5. Be truthful, with yourself and others, it will make your life a lot easier.
6.You are not unattractive, unintelligent, unworthy, get rid of all of those pesky ‘un’s and realize you’re pretty damn amazing.
7. You know that thing that you don’t like about your body? It doesn’t make you any less beautiful.
8. If something doesn’t make you happy, let go of it, and find something that does. You aren’t obligated to stick with it, find what makes you happy and hold on for dear life.
9. It is okay to have boundaries.
You don’t have to be there for everyone all the time. This doesn’t make you selfish, it means you care enough about yourself, your wants, and your needs to do what is good for you.
10. Don’t worry about what anyone else thinks. What makes you happy is for you, you have to live with yourself, so don’t let anyone else effect what makes your heart soar.
11. It is okay to tell people “no”. It is okay to stand up for yourself and speak out when someone is not treating you the way you deserve to be treated. You don’t have to take it, you don’t have to accept it. If you need permission to stand up for yourself I’m giving it to you right now.
12. If you aren’t ready to deal with “it” today. That’s okay.
You don’t have to fix your issues today, you don’t have to confront your fears today. It’s okay to wait until you’re ready. You’ll know when that is.
13. No one has the right to make you feel uncomfortable in your own skin. Whatever your body type is, as long as you are okay with it, don’t let anyone else make you feel like it’s not okay for you to be happy with how you are. It totally is.
14. Realize that it will get better. Maybe not today. Maybe not even tomorrow. But it will get better.
15. Sometimes you need to feel sad and hurt. I know this, I believe this. Yet, sometimes those emotions grab you and pull you under until you can’t breathe, until you are seconds away from drowning. When it reaches that point you have to loosen your grip a little. You have to start letting the pain go.
16. There is so much limitless potential just waiting quietly inside of you. Do you hear that? Limitless. Think of all of the things you could do if you just acknowledged that all of that was inside of you right now.
17. There are treasures inside of you. Even in your darknesses, there is good that can come from those places.
18. You can become better, greater, than what you ever thought you could be. You just have to want it bad enough, believe that you can do it, and love yourself enough to do what it takes.
19. No one has the right to put you down and if they do, then you have the right to tell them to stop.
20. Don’t get so lost in trying to be someone else that you forget to appreciate who you are right now. We all have things we aspire to do/be but that doesn’t mean that right here, right now you aren’t pretty awesome already.
21. You are exactly where you need to be, you need to be exactly where you are. There is a lesson that is being learned by you right now. There is some wisdom for you in this moment.
22. No one has the right to make you doubt yourself or believe that you are not filled to the brim with greatness and potential ready to spill over. If you don’t have people in your life to encourage you, then go out and find them.
23. Whatever you believe, make it a part of your daily life. It will change you in miraculous ways.
24. It is okay to give up, to let go. There is something to be said for follow-through, but sometimes you just have to acknowledge that it’s not worth your time.
25. Your real friends will love you in spite of your faults. Surround yourself with these people and treat them right too.
26. Remember that it’s okay to take a break, and to allow life to unfold slowly. This doesn’t mean you’re lazy, it means you love yourself enough to give yourself what you need.
27. Write yourself a love letter. Have a love affair with yourself. Make loving you a priority. You deserve it.
28. You make a difference in the world. Just the fact that you are alive can create magic and miracles. Make the most of this.
29. You know that person whose wisdom you admire? Remember to admire it in yourself as well. You are wise too, don’t forget that.
30. We all have things about ourselves that we want to fix and change. Don’t expect it to happen overnight. Be loving and patient with yourself.
31. Appreciate your body and all of the wonderful, beautiful, things it does for you on a daily basis.
32. Try to always be kind. It’s hard sometimes, but nothing is accomplished by being mean and spiteful to other people other than getting it directed back at you.
33. Realize that a thought is just a thought. You have control over it. You are the Master of it. Control your thoughts, don’t let them control you.
34. You have gifts to share. You can share your journey, you can reveal your transitions, you can listen, you can foster friendships, you can learn everything you want to learn and then begin to share. Don’t ever think that what you have doesn’t measure up, it does, I promise.
35. It’s okay to be vulnerable.
Vulnerability leads to strength. It is strength. It does not equal weakness, it does not mean that you aren’t strong. You are made to feel, and you are made to feel broken every once and awhile. The great thing is, the broken-ness won’t last.
36. Dream big and don’t let anyone stop you from pursuing that. It’s possible. I know it is.
37. Remember that it is never too late to start over. Create a new beginning, if you don’t like something change it. Don’t think that you’re stuck. You’re not stuck unless you allow yourself to be.
38. Allow yourself to forgive, don’t hold on to tightly to past hurts. It won’t make them better. Forgive others, but most importantly forgive yourself. You’re doing the best you can.
39. And because I can not say it enough, know this… believe this… you are MAGIC, you are GREATNESS, you are LOVED and APPRECIATED and you ARE a miracle.
This year is going to magical and I am so happy to continue this journey with you, to hear about your accomplishments, to be blessed by your presence in my world, thank you for being you and allowing me to be me! Don’t forget to follow my journey on my Facebook page!
What would you add to the list of things you need to know?