I created the Executive Dysfunction worksheets because it is something I’ve struggled with since I became an adult and probably even before that. When I wrote about it in 2019, I called it the Impossible Task. An Impossible Task is a task that feels hard to do even though logically you know it isn’t. The time and energy you take obsessing about it, planning it, thinking about it, worrying over it, beating yourself up for not doing it – takes longer than it does to do it.
Now we have a word for that – Executive Dysfunction. When we talk about executive function we mean a series of steps your brain takes to get something done.
Things like task initiation – being able to start a task without being asked. Organization – having everything you need to do a task. Time management – knowing how much time a task will take. Working memory – remembering all of the elements of what you’re supposed to do.
If our brain struggles with one of these things it throws the whole system off and then we struggle to do things that look simple on paper.
I created the executive dysfunction worksheets to break it down in an easy-to-understand way and also give you tools and ideas that might help you find a way around the things that you struggle with!
The executive dysfunction worksheets are a bit planner focused which I can understand might not be your thing BUT I tried to showcase several different planner types, so hopefully, you’ll find one that works for you!
Here’s what you’ll get!
- A 48-Page PDF (with a black and white version for easy printing and a WINZIP file of single PDF pages)
- What Executive Function and Executive Dysfunction look like
- Why Executive Dysfunction is not procrastination
- You Are Not Lazy
- A detailed breakdown of all 8 aspects of Executive Dysfunction, what they look like, and tips that might help you manage them
- Journaling prompts for each dysfunction to help you flesh out your own feelings and experiences
- Other factors that factor in like time-blindness, anxiety, depression, and chronic illness
- A big list of 36 tips that might help
- Analyzing which aspects you have trouble with
- Focusing on what works for you
- Make a detailed plan for a task you’re struggling with
- Make a list of appointments, phone calls, projects, and tasks you’ve been putting off
- List your ‘Avoidables’ boxes, bins, bags, and baskets that you avoid going through
- Several planning templates that switch from planning your month by splitting up tasks, planning one week at a time, one day at a time by the hour, time blocking, time boxing, and deadline focusing
- A template for focusing only on the next step or the first step
- A template for creating a reward system
This is an Instant Digital Download – you will not receive a physical product in the mail. Upon your purchase, you will immediately receive a link to download your order in your email. If you don’t receive the email within 30 minutes, please email me at Dominee@SelfLoveRainbow.com and I will do my best to get it to you!
I am not a mental health professional! I create from lived experiences and I hope that my personal interpretation can encourage you to work with a therapist to apply them to your own life!
All of my worksheets are in standard US Letter Size (8.5 x 11 inches) and in PDF format. Use the (free) Adobe Acrobat to open PDF files.
This workbook is standard US Letter Size and prints best on standard US Letter Size Paper. When printed, the colors might be darker or vary from what you see on your computer screen.
These worksheets are copyrighted and intended for personal use only. You can reprint pages as many times as you’d like, as long as they are for your personal use. Please do not resell or redistribute to others.
If you’d like to print them out and share them in a classroom or support group, you’re welcome to! Just message me first.
If you’d like to use them as part of a therapy or coaching practice, please message me for more info on a private use license!
I can only offer refunds if you have not downloaded the files. All sales are final but if you have any issues, please let me know!
Unfortunately, I don’t have the resources to print and ship all of my workbooks. If you want a physical copy you are welcome to purchase the digital file and then have it printed at Staples, The UPS Store, FedEx, or any other printing company as long as it’s just for your own personal use!
All of my products also have Digital Fill-In Enabled, meaning that you can fill them in straight from your phone/tablet/or computer. Apps like Adobe Reader, XoDo, or GoodNotes allow you to “write” inside the PDF, so you can carry it around with you whenever you need it!
You also might be interested in…
Don't forget to check me out on Patreon for Q&As, Submit Your Ideas, Exclusive Discounts, Worksheets, and Images.