((This is a digital file. Nothing will be sent to your address. You will get an email with a downloadable file OR you can access the download directly from your account under your purchases))
While this is a Mental Health Safety Plan it is not for use during a mental health crisis. If you are feeling depressed or think that you might harm yourself - please reach out for help. In the US you can dial 988 for resources.
This workbook *is* meant to be filled out pre-emptively before you hit a point of crisis. It can help remind you of the best tools to use for you as well as help the people in your life know the best way to help you.
It also focuses on learning how to notice the signs that you are entering a crisis state so that you can use your coping skills and reach out to your support system.
What's in the Mental Health Safety Plan?
Here's What's Inside!
- 14-page PDF in US Letter Size (also includes a black and white version for easy printing)
- Crisis Safety Plan (Signs you're in crisis: thoughts feelings behaviors, people you can talk to, important resources, helpful coping skills, good distractions, and reasons to stay safe)
- Crisis Scale: A very general description of what a crisis might feel or look like and then a blank scale for you to personalize with your own feelings and experiences.
- Support System: Why you choose them and how they're helpful
- Suggestions on how to ask for what you need and also includes a spot for phrases that are NOT helpful when you're in a bad headspace
- Helpers: where you can list things that make you feel safe or provide comfort.
- Stressors and Triggers (very basic but for a more in-depth look at triggers check out my Trigger Journal)
- Inpatient Treatment page: preferred facilities, space for health care provider info, medication information, items you want to take with you, and insurance information
- Inpatient Treatment page #2: People to contact, tasks they might be able to help with (like taking care of your pet or helping out), and there's also space to put people that you don't want contacted or involved as well as things that would be harmful/helpful
With all of my products, not only can you download them and print them out, but you can also fill them in straight from your computer or phone. With your phone, apps like XoDo or GoodNotes allow you to "write" inside the PDF. You can carry it around with you whenever you need it! You can also have the PDF printed from someplace like Staples or FedEx, if you'd prefer a physical copy!